Linda Connor received her BFA from Rhode Island School of Design and her Masters from the Institute of Design, IIT, Chicago. In 1969 she joined the photography faculty at the San Francisco Art Institute where she continues teaching. Known for her photographs of landscape and of sacred sites from many parts of the world, her work has been exhibited widely in the U.S. and internationally. Connor is the founder of the nonprofit, PhotoAlliance. She is represented by the Haines Gallery, San Francisco and has published the monographs Odyssey, 2008, with Chronicle Books, San Francisco, and Constellations and Linda’s Ornaments, with Datz Press, Korea, 2021.
- 2021 Datz Museum, Seoul, Korea (upcoming).
- 2021 Photo Gallery International (PGI), Tokyo, Japan (upcoming).
- 2018 “In the Himalayas: Photographs by Linda Connor,” Bolinas Museum, Bolinas, CA, June 16–Aug 12.
- 2017 “Many Years, The Photographs of Linda Connor,” Kuandu Museum of Fine Arts, TNUA, Taipei, Taiwan, May 6–June 30.
- 2021 Constellations, Opus Series, Linda Connor, Datz Press, Seoul, Korea.
- 2021 Ornaments, Linda Connor, Datz Press, Seoul, Korea.
- 2019 Peru (1984–2010), Opus Series, Linda Connor, Datz Press, Seoul, Korea.
- 2019 Avalokatishvara, Linda Connor, Datz Press, Seoul, Korea.
- 2019 Looking at Photography, Photo-graphy, Stephen Frailey, Damiani editore, Italy.
- 2019 Photographers Looking at Photographs, E.J. Bellocq, Storyville Portrait, ca. 1912, Pier 24 Photography, San Francisco.
- 2018 “At the Gates of Deep Darkness,” Orion Magazine, Vol. 37, No. 3, Fall 2018, pgs. 40, 43, 44, 47, 50
View Gallery »
- MS, Photography, Institute of Design, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1969
- BFA, Photography, Rhode Island School of Design, 1967