Kerry Laitala is a media archaeologist whose works spans the territories of photography and expanded cinema performances to 3D single channel videos and installation. Laitala has won two Golden Gate Awards from the San Francisco International Film Festival, was awarded the Princess Grace Award for Film in 1996 and four Special Projects grants from PGF. Laitala’s work synthesizes ideas and ephemera from the realms of science, history, and technology.
- MFA, Film, San Francisco Art Institute, 1997
- BFA, Film and Photography, Massachusetts College of Art, 1992
- Open Space | Cinecenta | Deluge Contemporary Art - Retrospective, Antimatter Film Festival, Victoria, British Columbia, 2011
- Archeologie des Fantomes - Retrospective, Cinémathèque Française, Paris, France, 2010
- Abandon Normal Devices - 3D Installation & Expanded Cinema Performance, Green House Gallery, Manchester, England, 2010
- The Flickerings of Angel Beach, San Francisco Cinematheque Monograph, November 2001
View Gallery »